Music executive and founder of Dapper Group, Damilola Akinwunmi, popularly known as Dapper, has responded to allegations made against him by former signees Seyi Vibez and Shallipopi over the management of their music catalogues.

Dapper, in a series of posts on his X handle on Monday, challenged the two artistes to submit their contracts and financial records to leading audit and accounting firms for forensic examination.

He insisted that an independent review of the records would establish the truth and determine who owed whom.

“I have nothing to hide. The records exist. The authorities have them. Let the process establish the truth. Don’t come online and spill rubbish narratives & lies, only to mislead the public!” he wrote.

Dapper said an audit had already been conducted by a reputable company and challenged the artistes to subject their accounts and agreements to further scrutiny.

“We already did an audit from a reputable company! Surprise, surprise- who owes who? If e sure for any of you, make we go KPMG, PwC, Deloitte, Templers, Aluko & Oyebode, Olaniwun Ajayi LP, Udo Udoma & Belo-Osagie,” he said.

He added, “Any top law firm and auditing/accounting firm. Let them run a forensic analysis and interpret both the accounts and the contract for us, and tell you I cheated you?!”

Dapper also claimed that both artistes received what he described as “healthy advances” under their respective agreements, adding that they were offered improved percentages.

“Everybody got healthy advances!!!! Even giving you more %… What more can I do?” he wrote.

Dapper accuses artistes of avoiding audits

The music executive further accused the artistes of refusing to embrace an audit of their accounts while allegedly spending heavily on luxury items.

“Everyone rich enough to buy chains but never wanna pay for audits!!! No jagbajantis auditing firm, no kiri-kiri moves,” he wrote.

The dispute comes months after both artistes left Dapper Music following disagreements over their business relationships with the label.

Seyi Vibez first signalled his exit in September 2024 when he unfollowed Dapper Music on Instagram, changed his bio to “Independent artist” and deleted his previous posts.

Seyi Vibez’s rise under Dapper Music

Seyi Vibez joined Dapper Music in 2021 and rose to mainstream prominence while working with the company.

His breakthrough was particularly strengthened by the success of his 2022 project, “Billion Dollar Baby,” and the hit song “Chance (Na Ham).”

He released several projects during his time with the label, including “Thy Kingdom Come,” “NAHAMciaga” and “Loseyi Professor.”

After leaving Dapper Music in September 2024, Seyi Vibez returned with his “Children of Africa” EP in early 2025, roughly five months after publicly beginning his independent chapter.

His career has continued to grow since his departure, with TurnTable Charts reporting that his catalogue contributed to the rise of his independent imprint, NSNV Inc.

Shallipopi’s allegations against Dapper

Shallipopi, meanwhile, announced his departure from Dapper Music and Dvpper Digital in December 2024 after nearly three years with the company.

At the time, he accused the label of financial mismanagement, lack of transparency and exploitative contractual arrangements.

The “Elon Musk” hitmaker alleged that Dvpper Digital, a company linked to Dapper, received advances under his name and catalogue, claiming that the money was subsequently used by Dapper Music without his knowledge or approval.

He also alleged that the arrangement had resulted in a debt whose value had yet to be ascertained.

Dapper Music rejected the allegations at the time, saying it had provided full accounting records and was cooperating with auditors engaged by the artiste.

The company also maintained that Shallipopi had renegotiated his agreement with legal representation and voluntarily signed a new agreement in October 2024.

Dapper questions Shallipopi’s signature allegation

In his latest response, Dapper addressed an allegation that he forged Shallipopi’s signature and questioned what he described as inconsistencies in the singer’s previous claims.

“You claim here that I forged your signature, but in your public statement in 2024, you claimed that you were pushed into a deal with Dvpper Digital. Which is it???” he wrote.

Dapper also spoke about his relationship with Seyi Vibez, saying it began in 2021 and that he invested in the singer’s first project before receiving any music from him.

“For the avoidance of doubt, this relationship began in 2021, and it began with me putting money down for your first project before getting any music from you. So who made who?!!!! God made me, nigga! Dapper Damm, Son of God!” he wrote.

Dapper challenges Shallipopi over court appearance

Dapper also accused Shallipopi of failing to attend a scheduled appearance while responding to the singer’s call for the dispute to be taken to court.

“For our last scheduled appearance, you didn’t show up… I was there, but you wanna come online and say, ‘Let’s meet in court’, when you’re the one running from court!! Those who live in glass houses shouldn’t throw stones,” he wrote.

He said he had attempted to get both former signees to collaborate on music, but lamented that their ongoing dispute had instead become their major collaboration.

“Tried to get y’all to collaborate on some music, something positive, but see what you’re able to collaborate on, even after two years. Learn, guys: collaboration over competition!!!”

Dapper maintained that he would not respond to the dispute with insults, despite claiming that there was more he could say about the matter.

“I will not demean myself by disrespecting the one thing I stand on, which is my love for music. So I won’t stoop so low as to engage in insults. So much to say, but so few ways to say it,” he said.