Bayern Munich striker Harry Kane has confirmed that talks over a new contract with the Bundesliga champions are set to begin.
The 33-year-old England captain said discussions had been delayed until after his post-World Cup holiday but were now expected to start within days.
“I’m not sure exactly when, but they’ll start this week or next week,” Kane told reporters at a media event in Munich on Monday.
“We’re calm, they’re calm with the situation. Obviously now’s the time to start talking, because with only a year left it’s important.
“But both sides are relaxed and I’m pretty sure there’ll be talks this week or next week.”
Kane joined Bayern from Tottenham Hotspur in 2023 on a four-year contract.
Since arriving in Germany, he has won two Bundesliga titles and the German Cup, while also helping Bayern reach the Champions League semi-finals twice in three seasons.
The striker has scored 146 goals in 147 appearances in all competitions for the club.
Bayern have repeatedly expressed their desire to keep Kane beyond 2027, with club officials previously describing him as one of their best-ever signings.
German media reports suggest a possible new deal could keep him at the club until at least 2029.
Kane’s form has also earned him backing in the race for the Ballon d’Or.
Germany legend Lothar Matthaeus said on Tuesday that the England international deserves to win the award after an outstanding season.
Kane scored 61 goals in 51 matches last season.
“He delivered outstanding performances and, in my opinion, didn’t have a single weak spell,” Matthaeus wrote in his column for Sky Germany.
Bayern begin their competitive season on Saturday when they face Borussia Dortmund in the German Supercup.


Comments
Start the conversation about this story.