Nyesom Wike, Minister of the Federal Capital Territory (FCT), on Saturday, said he would have declined to be the Director-General of the All Progressives Congress (APC) Presidential Campaign Council (PCC) if offered the position by President Bola Tinubu.
The former Governor of Rivers State spoke during an inspection of some ongoing projects in the nation’s capital, including the 13-kilometre Apo-Karshi Road and 14-kilometre Bwari to Kubwa Road.
READ ALSO
- Davido Teases Wike, Says ‘I Beat You Guys’ During Adeleke’s Visit
- Wike Blasts Atiku Over Fuel Subsidy Comment, Says He’s ‘Voodoo Economist’
- Political Leadership Does Not Result To Vote, Dalung Tells Wike
Saturday Telegraph had earlier reported that President Tinubu constituted the APC PCC, appointing former Governor of Zamfara State, Senator Abdulaziz Yari, as Director-General and Governor of Imo State, Hope Uzodimma, as Secretary.
Speaking on the development, Wike said those who have held the position in previous elections have failed to deliver their states during the presidential elections and, as such, he is not interested but rather focused on winning Rivers State and the FCT for President Bola Tinubu.
He further stated that there is no fulfilment in working in the council when one cannot even deliver his state during the day of reckoning.
He, however, pledged that the rainbow coalition is in full activation mode and would work in their capacity to ensure the re-election of the President.
Please follow and like us:


Comments
Start the conversation about this story.